When was the last time you intentionally practiced a random act of kindness? How about the last time someone was randomly kind to you? Do you have to think about it? That means it is your time to make someones day. I want to offer you some ways you can practice random acts of kindness. The thought behind your act of kindness is to motivate the next person to pay it forward. Your turn will come when it is payed back to you…Karma baby!
“If WE ALL DO one random act of kindness daily, WE JUST MIGHT SET THE WORLD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.” ~ Martin Kornfeld
Pay It Forward
- When you are in the drive thru line at your local coffee shop…pay for the person behind you
- Donate clothes, books and other items to a shelter
- Donate food to the homeless
- Bring a snack into work to share
- Make dinner for a sick friend or new mom
- Pay the toll for the next 3 people in line
- Write a letter to a grandparent or old friend
- Pick fresh flowers for a friend
- Help out at a nursing home or animal shelter
- Give your time to a food bank
- Leave a toy at the children’s hospital
- Smile at a stranger
- Give a compliment
- Hold the door for someone
- Leave school supplies at a local school for kids in need
- Buy diapers for a new mom or a low income family
- Ship a care package to a soldier
- Leave quarters at the laundromat or a parking meter
- Give a scarf to someone in need on a cold day
- Shovel a neighbors driveway
- Randomly thank a teacher
- Offer your seat
- Bake for the local firefighters
- Forgive mistakes
- Stop a negative conversation
- Pick up litter
- Donate to a charity
- Donate blood
- Tip generously to your waiter(ess)
- Give positive feedback to someone
- Ask someone how their day is going
There are so many ways to pay it forward. All it takes is 1 act of kindness to make someones day. I promise it will make your day too. We can make the world a better place, one person at a time.
KINDNESS “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ~Unknown
I would love to hear how you are going to pay it forward. Let your random act of kindness motivate others!
I hope this post finds you healthy and happy.
You are special…pass it on.