There comes a point in your life where the inevitable brown age spots appear. If it has yet to happen to you…they are coming. No worries though because there is actually something you can do for your skin to help prevent or reverse the dreaded signs of aging. This little ditty is called Vitamin C. I am very excited to let you in on the benefits of Vitain C serums and why you need it in your life!
Why Your Skin Needs Vitamin C
- Vitamin C is extremely effective in increasing the skins collagen and elasticity.
- It lightens age spots and fades hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin C has the ability to actually limit the damage from UV exposure caused by free radicals because of its antioxidant properties (know that this is NOT a sunscreen though).
- It can fight against photodamage and repair already damaged skin.
- Vitamin C plumps the outermost layers of cells in the skin (aka the epidermis).
- This powerful vitamin can help heal wounds in the skin by using scar tissue to replace harmed skin tissue.
- To enhance the effects of Vitamin C, exfoliate first. Once you remove the outermost layer of dead skin, gently rub the Vitamin C serum onto the skin in circular motions.
- This is a good time to mention that it is more effective to apply Vitamin C directly on your skin opposed to taking it orally.
Information You Should Know
It is important to note that you should test a small amount of any Vitamin C serum on the skin, perhaps behind an ear to make sure you do not have any sensitivty to it. There is no need to go higher than a 20% Vitamin C solution because studies have shown that 20% is the max absorption. Oxidation can also happen quickly in Vitamin C topical solutions due to heat, light and air exposure so make sure to store in a cool, dry place. If you want to get the most out of your Vitamin C in order to aid in preventing photodamage, make sure to apply it topically combined with Vitain E.
A Few Popular Vitamin C Serums
*Russell Organics Vitamin C Serum – This is a beautifuly light weight moisturizing serum for the skin. You can purchase it here.
*eb5 – Uses 3 forms of revolutionary Vitamin C. This will take you to the place where you can learn more about it.
*Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Serum – This has light-reflecting pigments to make your skin look flawless and radiant. You can find more reviews on it here.
*This is another great place to visit where you will have your choice of which Vitamin C serum is best for you!
I have no doubt that you will love how much brighter, smoother and overall healthier your skin will look after adding Vitamin C to your daily skincare routine. Do you have a favorite Vitamin C serum that you just don’t want to live without?
*ialutec Red, Target and ebay are affiliates of mine. If you should choose to make a purchase through my link, I may be compensated a small amount at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support. Happy shopping!