If there was a way that you could naturally help heal yourself would you give it a try?
There are 7 points on our body where the energy flows. They are located down the center, from the top of the head to the base of the spine. We have the ability to target these “spiritual centers” to help ourselves heal both physically and mentally….they are called our chakras.
It is believed by many that if any of our chakras are blocked it could lead to illness because our energy can not freely flow. This guide will help you determine which, if any, of your chakras are blocked.
The Seven Chakras
- Root Chakra (Red) – This is the chakra that makes us feel grounded. It is located at the base of the spine (the tailbone.)
- Sacral Chakra (Orange) – This chakra helps us embrace new experiences and people that come into our lives. This chakra is located 2 inches in and below our navel in the lower abdomin.
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Yellow) – With this chakra we are given the ability to be in control of our lives with confidence. The location of the Solar Plexus is in the upper abdomin.
- Heart Chakra (Green) – This chakra allows us to love. Its location is at the center of the chest, just above the heart.
- Throat Chakra (Blue) – The throat chakra gives us the power to communicate. It is located in…yes, you guessed it…the throat.
- Third Eye Chakra (Purple) – This gives us the ability to focus and notice “the big picture”. The Third Eye is right between the eyes in the forehead.
- Crown Chakra (White) – This is our highes chakra allowing us to be and feel fully, spiritually connected.
Symptoms Of Blocked Chakra
- Root Chakra – The feeling of being “out of it”, not feeling safe, very tired may even have digestive issues such as constipation
- Sacral Chakra – Lack of creative juices flowing, no sexual desire, uncomfortable menstrual cycle
- Solar Plexis Chakra – Lack of self confidence and self worth, nausea, low blood sugar levels and upset digestive system
- Heart Chakra – You no longer care as much for others, heart issues and may have high blood pressure
- Throat Chakra – Have a hard time speaking up for yourself or for what you believe in, sore throat, thyroid issues
- Third Eye Chakras – Feeling depresses, headaches, migraines
- Crown Chakra – The feeling of being “disconnected”, not able to sleep or sleep too much
What Blocks Our Chakras
You may be asking yourself what blocks our chakras? The most common blockers are stress, poor diet, lack of exercise and negative thoughts. By committing to positive changes in your lifestyle you will have the power to unblock your chakras.
How To Cleanse And Unblock Your Chakras
This is where it gets fun. Be prepared to get to know and trust yourelf even more. You can do this daily or weekly to feel the benefits happening to your body. Lets cleanse and balance our chakras!
First: Find a quiet spot to sit, stand or lay so that you can comfortably meditate. If you would like guidance on how to meditate click here. This meditation should help you feel grounded or “one” with the universe.
Second: Imagine each chakra opening as if it were a flower about to bloom. Stay with that thought until the “flower” is fully bloomed before moving onto the next chakra. (Associate each chakra with its color.) Start with the Root Chakra and work your way up. This may take about 5 minutes or so. Be patient. The more you practice, the easier it will be to imagine.
Third: Now that all of your “flowers” are bloomed you must now imagine a stream of white light powerfully entering your body from the Root Chakra one by one up to the Crown Chakra. Envision the 7 streams of white light through your body. Let this light flow for as long as you feel it should. Until all of your chakras feel unblocked.
Fourth: Now you have to turn off the white lights. One at a time turn off the flow from the Crown Chakra down the the Root Chakra. Imagine the white lights shutting off one by one until you are “grounded” again.
Fifth: It is time to partially close all 7 chakras, not completely close because we don’t want to shut off our chakras but we can’t leave them 100% open either. Keeping them open can run the risk of running out of energy and people abusing your generosity.
To do this imagine that you are closing a door (just don’t shut it). Close it until you feel comfortable with how much open space is left. Do this for each chakra starting at the Crown Chakra and work your way down. This will of course be different for everyone. After doing this so often you will know where you feel comfortable with the ajar door.
Sixth and Final Step: Get rid of the negative energy from your chakras by visualizing a gust of wind taking all of the negative junk far away from you leaving you with a cleared, peaceful and energized state of being.
There is no better time then now to heal your body. I would love to hear how you feel after balancing your chakras. I promise that your health and wellness can improve!
Be happy! Stay healthy!